Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Winter in Singapore

The weather in Singapore is one I knew I should be thankful and grateful and I am. Despite the heavy rain and humidity that frizzes up my hair all the time, I still love the warmth and comfort in the air. What is unbearable is the "winter climate" indoors. Let's just not go into how much electricity we're wasting every single second that ticks away, I actually feel alot colder than when was in NYC. Not that the average temperature is lower and obviously it's not, NYC is just insane but I was prepared for the cold when I was there and I was well bundled and layered up. I had my jacket, scarf, gloves, hand warmers, boots, thermal underwear and socks. But here, I'm in my usual cotton work shirt/blouse and polyester skirt, I'm just freezing up. Don't have to remind me, I know I should have gotten my jacket back in the office after it's being laundered and being absent minded is just not a good excuse. I actually felt alot colder. My limbs are cold and my goosebumps are making their regular guest appearances. And unfortunately, I actually eat hell lot more back here.

Everyone tells me that we tend to eat more when the weather is cold and I think this holds much truth for most people and most places you visit. But NYC is just too expensive, so much to see that you forget to have a proper meal and for the majority of the time, you could just deal with the hotdog from the stand at the end of the block. Trust me, you will "walk" the hotdog off after rushing past 10 blocks down Broadway. And I actually lost weight and everyone tells me that. Although the scale refuses to register that FACT.

Business lunches and readily available Toblerones aren't helping. I need to wean off those evil Toblerone! Alright, just another one...

A little Toblerone trivia - A single piece of Toblerone is known as an "Alp" after its shape and the country of origin, Switzerland, which is home to part of the Alps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, a kilo less is a kilo not taken into the air while WBing.

And its not the weight thats important, its how healthy and wellthy you are and look....

Anonymous said...

Eeeks! Have I taught you nothing??? Never ever admit to wearing polyester!!!

BlackCookie said...

but but but...

i miss you so much!!!