Sunday, March 09, 2008

Heaven = Horlicks Ice Cream + Gummi Bears + Shortbread

It's been about a year or since since I went to the Singapore Zoo. And as per every other visit, it didn't fail to surprise and entertain me. Proud to say, Singapore probably has one of the best zoos in the world. On the way there, all 3 of us received a mass sms from Fatshark Guru. He was texting us from the airport and all checked in. He flew off to JFK at about 12 noon today and he must be somewhere above the Pacific right now and I'm already missing him. He missed the Zoo excursion today and will also be missing the coming night drive, Summer's homecoming & the possibly cancelled Malacca drive. I can't call him to tell him that I've got a craving for Ice Cream Chef and bug him to bring me out. I can't tell him my life suck and I need a bear hug. "Please take care of yourself and we will help you take care of Ter Ter's Mom."

"Too much food" is very much the 3 words I can use to summarise the excursion today with A&E Quack and Lampung Prince. With excellent teamwork and some kidnapping skills, Lampung Prince and myself managed to whisk an exhausted doc for some much needed dessert at Island Creamery. Conclusion: I prefer my potent Horlicks ice-cream with gummi bears and shortbread from Ice Cream Chef. As the name suggest, the one from Island Creamery is way too creamy and milky for my liking and with bits of ice in the ice-cream, you know it's not very well made and the temperature wasn't controlled that well. I'm beginning to doubt A&E Quack's tastebuds... He likes Jack's Place?

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips

No comments: