Monday, March 17, 2008

Uneventful, Unexciting and Unfulfilled Monday

Woke up early this morning because I managed to get to bed early last night. Wobbled my way into the office, had my breakfast and prepared for the meeting that I've been waiting for the entire week to happen. Took a cab down to SGX and found my way up and stood outside the door waiting for someone to walk past. I called the extension several times and all I got to was a mailbox that's full so I couldn't quite get the person I was supposed to meet. After 10 minutes, some kind soul walked past and asked if I needed Assistance. But of course! She then went in to locate the person whom I was supposed to meet but came back with another person. This second person then made em wait for another 10 minutes before coming back with an apology and told me that my client is on medical leave and would not be coming in today. I would think she has the courtesy to call me since she has got my mobile number but apparently, it must have slipped her mind. To be absolutely honest, I can't be really angry as for one, she's a client and two, it's Monday so medical leave's like the most common thing and people do conveniently forget that they have meetings. It was a break for me to get out of the office but towards the end of the quarter, I really want to spend more time in the office doing what I should and hope to meet the numbers.

Lunch in Raffles Place is such a bothersome affair. I'm actively recruiting for lunch buddies working in this area! In order to skip the insane crowd, preferred lunch hour is actually after 2pm but by then, I would have died of hunger. To walk into Chevron House with music blasting isn't exactly the best wind down from the stressful office environment. Most importantly, I hate queues well then again, who doesn't. It's almost 2pm and I'm still undecided as to my lunch plans. Bad! Very bad! Time to take a stroll...

No comments: