Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weekend Smiles & Surprises

Potluck party at our "Breyton Clubhouse" was unbelievably fun. Lumpung Prince and A&E Quack brought their Wii barang which cracked us all up throughout the night. All of us were caught in the oddest body postures second only to "Twister". As the night progressed on, only Breyton was left breaking records on bowling and swinging off his electronic golf game. The rest of us just went on to play "drinking games". The only variation to the usual drinking game, we were drinking tap water. To qualify for a toilet trip, we needed a "pee card" which none of us actually needed to use that since our punishment changed from water to garlic fried rice in an attempt to finish off the leftover food.

I cooked my usual clam chowder and the rest brought hor d'orves, satay, garlic fried rice and Breyton's beef rendang was unforgettable. For dessert, we had mango and banana crumble but unfortunately, we were too stuffed by then and were unable to fully appreciate it. Absolutely enjoyable.

My "M" button is not functioning so well so if I'm typing funny, that's not because my fingers have decided to types funny or ignore my "m"s.

The most exciting thing that has happened to me since forever! Before I went to New York, I was contemplating to get my tattoo from Miami Ink in Miami itself but after much research, I thought it was not quite possible given financial and time constraints. So I went to Adorned in New York hoping to get my tattoo done by Yoni Zilber. I saw some of Yoni's work and loved it so I emailed them just after I confirmed my trip to New York. They delivered the bad news and told me that Yoni is booked through Spring but I should go check out their shop when I get there. That was exactly what I did and they told me that they have got a new artist in town. I had my reservation but I saw some of her works and they were gorgeous so I decided to go with their recommendation. If you remembered my post in December right after I got my tattoo, I wrote briefly on my chio bu tattoo artist Virgina Elwood... Guess what? I saw her on Miami Ink earlier. I don't know what was she doing there and alot of you might think I'm damn swakoo to only know this now since Season 3 was like filmed so long ago. I caught a glimpse of her on the show and was sure that she was the girl who inked me. So I googled and found out that she did appear on Miami Ink as a guest tattoo artist. After another 10 mins of Ami James screaming away, I was more than sure because Chris Garver was calling her "Virginia". In the show, her arm was not as fully tattooed as when I met her so I definitely met her some time after she did the show because when she tattooed me, her sleeve was fully done up. Now, I can die with no regrets having my tattoo done by an artist associated with Miami Ink... Haha... But objectively, Virginia did a great job on me and I love my tattoo.

1 comment:

Zhoos said...

-____-"