Monday, May 05, 2008

该唱首什么歌来纪念爱的傻

It was yet another long weekend and as you can see, I wasn't quite concentrating on blogging. Not to worry, it's not due to any negative comments whatsoever and it doesn't bother me at all which was why I published the comments anyways.

Spent the whole of Saturday getting Batam-ed which essentially means that I spent almost an entire day at the spa and did an insignificant amount of shopping. This trip was very last minute and I decided to just go for it because I was so emotionally exhausted, I thought I should just forget that the world was still revolving. Quite obviously, it didn't work. As though the entire day is not taxing enough, I came back to a mahjong game which lasted till Sunday morning.

Managed to do some shopping on Sunday over at Sim Lim, frantically dressing and protective my new toy, the K850. Speaking of which, I finally got myself the light sabre looking phone. People who know me really well would think that this is pretty rare. Being the sort who would die to be the first few to get hold of the latest gadget, I should be thrilled over some state of the art phone and not one that has been launched for months. Yes yes yes, I did drool over it when it first came out but with the last few phones, I should have already learnt my lesson that if I have a little more patience, the prices do drop by quite a bit even just over a span of just 3 months. It did and I got myself a uber decent phone at a reasonable price. The reason for picking this K850 over the iPhone - The first generation of iPhone should still be in the process of immunizing against bugs whereas my previous K (Kamera) phone, the K750 served me well. With 5megapixels to brag, the images are extremely sharp. I can still remember my first digital camera with only 1 or 2 megapixels. These are the stories we tell our kids in future... "During my time...". Having said all these, I don't mind having the iPod Touch in my handbag.

Jewellery is a part of every girlies' world, not quite mine. I do get gifts in those little turquoise-coloured boxes that send every girl crazy but I have never quite bought myself those exorbitantly extravagant sparklies. However, I broke the rule today. For the first time, I got myself some blings, not huge and super blinding ones but something that I've always wanted. Conveniently while browsing, with very little persuasion, I got Mom her the most expensive Mothers' Day gift from me so far. I got her some small bling. I must say they are not super duper impressive but I did feel the pain when I paid for it. The message that I wanted to send across is not so much to impress anyone with excessive diamonds but to reassure my Mom that I do recognize that she's my only Mom and no matter what, I will still do my duties as a daughter and I genuinely appreciate her going through the pain of bearing us and bringing us up. Although with my Grandma around to bring us up, it wouldn't have been one of those painstaking effort but to simply bear with us was enough. Whenever I hear stories of how friends cope with their babies waking them up throughout the night, I will in fact appreciate a mother's patience and love more than ever. I can so understand why all Moms tell their daughters, "you will know what i mean when you're a mother".



让你逃亡又让你回航
让你依赖我也让你倔强
只要你微笑
带一点感动的泪光
我就得到可以再给的力量
我让你飞翔又让你说谎
我让你苛求我也让你奢望
我还以为爱
就是要体贴的退让
我们一起盖的罗马
你却跟他拆了城墙
踩过我用挚爱建筑的天堂
太绝对的爱变成了活该
朋友要我责怪我却只想重来
也许这就叫爱

No comments: