Friday, May 23, 2008

True Story, True Love

Says who that true love don't exist. I nearly cried when I saw this. I'm skeptical when I first read it and I actually thought, "ya right". But given the circumstances, who wouldn't want to be brought to safety in the first instance. I believe the scene can't be more touching. I know such sacrifices is absolutely possible. I hope never be put in a test like this but what would you have done?

'I'll be your hands and legs'


Sichuan, China

"Husband, are your feet trapped?

"Persevere! As long as you get out alive, who cares if you're crippled?

"I'll take care of you for the rest of my life.

"When I become your wife, I'll be your hands and legs."

These were the words uttered by Yan Niuniu to her fiance, Tan Xiansong, as he was trapped beneath the rubble caused by earthquake that shattered China last week, reported Tianfu Zaobao.

The 21-year-old man had been taking a shower when the quake happened.

During the shower, he had felt tremors and was certain that an earthquake would occur. He called for his fiancee to fetch him some clothes so that they could run outside for safety.

However, before she could hand over the clothes, the apartment collapsed and both were trapped under the building.

When the rescue team came, Niuniu was first extracted from the debris as she was buried in a more shallow place.

But the 20-year-old refused to be saved first.

"I'm all right, save my husband!", she teared to no avail as the rescue team went on to extract her first.

As minutes turned into hours, Xiansong was finally rescued.

However, there was no fairytale ending to this tragedy. The quake had exacted a price - Niuniu's fiance lost the use of his left hand.

But, the accident did not stop the devoted girl from loving her fiance.

"I'll take care of him. I'll be the hand that he lost."

No comments: