Saturday, July 19, 2008

No Commercial Break

So much for having nothing to do, I should have time to blog more often but truth is, I'm spending much lesser time in front of the computer and more burning some petrol.

Zhoos is now back in Singapore. His Dad passed away last week from a heart attack. I knew his Dad as a very nice man and good father. Over the years, I've always told Zhoos how wonderful his Dad was but he doesn't seem to see it. Like everything else in life, when we're in it, we just don't see how lucky we all are. I started to look at everything in another light and began to view my folks differently. As much as Mom drives me nuts at times, I'm happy she's still around and still grumbles, only cuz she cares.

Finally collected my belongings from the office yesterday. I didn't even had the chance to step into the office for one last look but that was expected and I reckon good for a non-emotional separation. Having been here for a little more than 2 years, I left feeling totally unappreciated for the work I've put in for 2 years. It is selfish to blurt out something like this as I think Comedy Boss has put in alot of effort to keep my unscathed. But from the company, in my perspective, just seems to be doing things in absolutely mala fides. I can't express how disappointed I am.

Spending these few days running from garage to garage just irritates the hell out of me. In a good way though... I got reminded of how much I need to do to Kokoro and voluntarily and knowingly got myself poisoned. The irony is that it takes about 3 more months to get my engine cranking again and start firing up for a brand new career. I know I will get there...

"La teh" session with The Fat Club was enjoyable as usual. And nothing out of the norm, the focus of night was on me. I just made it sound glamourous when in actual fact, it was pain, bitter sweet sort of pain (if that is how I can describe it). Let's just say I was the target of jokes and the spotlight never quite left me with occasional commercial break on "Psyduck's Chick". The jokes last night got a bit more to the counseling session type of awkward situation. I was caught defending myself for the silly decisions I make and possibly bad judgement of character. I knew they could jolly well be right. At one point, I wanted to break down and wail but the stubborn me wanted them to know that I know what I doing and hopefully my choice isn't wrong. Knowing exactly why they are convincing me otherwise, I was fending off all the protection and love they were trying to surround me with. I almost got angry with them for not seeing what I'm seeing. It is not possible to prove a point but to hang on to what I genuinely believe in and knowing that if I have to fall real bad one day, I will have several chubby shoulders to lay my head on. All in all, I know they care a shitload for me. At the same time, I also hope that they can give me the necessary blessings I need to tide over this crazy faith and belief.

No comments: