Monday, December 01, 2008

Peace on Earth

"Peace on earth
Goodwill to men"


A Christmas carol that tugs a tear from the corner of my eye. In the light of the Mumbai terror and the death of Lo Hwei Yen, someone whom I remember to be cheerful and sweet though I don't know her too well on a personal level, it came to me that we are taking peace for granted. The past years of being able to sing our carols in absolute peace and dragging our lazy bodies to attend the Christmas service that's always held early in the morning, we have taken it for granted. We take it for granted that we're able to spend our next Christmas with the same people we hold dear. At this moment, I can only pray that Michael is taking this well. This is not easy for a man who's involved in politics and have his wife lost in a political struggle. Only having had a brief encounter with Michael once, he came across as a very nice and friendly person who loves people around him, be it his friends or family. I'm very sorry for his loss. No words can ever describe the grief he's going through right now. I can only pray that Hwei Yen is in God's good hands... Michael, you take care.

Looking back at my little episode in Phuket some months back, I feel so much luckier than the people stuck in Bangkok right now. Yet another political act that has proved to be disturbing. However, I must say that the Thais have made efforts, even during their protest, that they reassure the tourists that they are not intending to hurt them but purely fighting for that they believe in. In that aspect, they do have my respect for fighting for what they want although they have no doubt, inconvenienced others.

Among all the gloomy news, I have a special announcement to make. A joyous one...

Baby Aidan was born on the 29th Nov 2008, at around 7 pm weighing 3.01kg. Congratulations to his parents and he can be quite sure that the uncles and aunties in the group would pamper him like no other.


Peace on earth... Such simple words, so hard to achieve.
Hark! the herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King
Peace on earth and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled!"
Joyful, all ye nations rise;
Join the triumph of the skies;
With angelic host proclaim
"Christ is born in Bethlehem!"
Hark! the herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

No comments: