Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Earth Hour

Since young, I've been encouraged to be more environmentally friendly and even went home from school one day, forcing my parents to buy a CFC-free fridge. In every little way I can, I try in my mini might to do what I can. Being absolutely truthful, I'm not an angel and I'm not one who would go all out to do something big to make THE sort of difference. Though genuinely touched by marketing one-liners like, "The earth belongs to all of us..." etc, I've never been able to proactively campaign for any "Save The Earth" movement.

Here comes the chance for all of us to do something. I can't guarantee that I'll do that but I'll try. I'm sure many of you would have heard of Earth Hour organised by World Wildlife Fund. Whereever you are, just turn off your lights. Details as follows:

Date: 28th March 2009 Saturday
Time: 8.30 to 9.30pm Local time



You will not be the only idiot dining in the dark for 1 hour. World class landmarks will also join in this protest to vote for earth. In 2008, buildings like Empire State Building in New York City, Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, Sydney Opera House, London City Hall and the Colosseum in Rome, amng many others turned off all their non-essential lighting during the last Saturday of March 2008 between 8.30-9.30pm. this is not too difficult and let's hope we can do out bit for the land we live on. It's like paying rental but only this, happens just once a year.

No comments: