Wednesday, September 23, 2009

天黑黑

The way Daftbitch described it was almost like a brewing storm and waiting for that lightning to roar before the heavy cumulonimbus clouds gave way. It was a thunderstorm. When the clouds were building up, the weather still looked fine. And in fact, people were still basking in the sun. The sky gradually started to look ominous. With enough build up, more often in a stupor, the downpour was sudden and frightening. The air was too dense and thick, and so to some, the pour was welcomed in anticipation of better air and a possible rainbow. It's been a while since I saw a rainbow and the last time I saw it and posted pictures of it, things have changed. They are still playing the documentary about thunderstorm on Discovery Channel and Singapore remained the mentioned country with the highest occurrence of lightnings and thunderstorms. Watching Discovery Channel became a task I need to learn to love to watch again. Meanwhile, SCV will be making more money from me with the increased number of channels.

Looking back at how Daftbitch and myself both sensing a neighbouring storm from brewing, it was so darn clear that women are just that tad more sensitive.

During lunch, it was pretty hilarious when they commented on my visible weight loss and their losses being non-visible. The loss was more than what some of them would like to see and according to Eczema Road Planner, I don't look as "overflowing" as before. It felt good to be praised with just the extra bit of makeup and a pair of killer heels everywhere I go. My co-workers have never seen me dress up so it was an eye opener for them. But of course, like primary school kids, I had to turn deaf ears to the jeers of the boys. Boys will be boys and they never grow up, do they? For friends, they would have seen all these before. The challenge right now is to prevent the copious amount of mooncakes poisoning my bloodstream and adding onto the bulge I managed to lose.

我愛上讓我奮不顧身的一個人 我以為這就是我所追求的世界
然而橫衝直撞 被誤解被騙 是否成人的世界背後 總有殘缺
我走在每天必須面對的分岔路 我懷念過去單純美好的小幸福
愛總是讓人哭 讓人覺得不滿足 天空很大卻看不清楚 好孤獨

天黑的時候 我又想起那首歌 突然期待 下起安靜的雨
原來外婆的道理 早就唱給我聽 下起雨也要勇敢前進
我相信 一切都會平息 我現在 好想回家去
天黑黑 欲落雨 天黑黑 黑黑

The greatest comfort I can think of is for a thunderstorm to come by and not having to worry about anything else. Lying on Grandma's lap and watching the rain go by.

"As long as you're here for me, nothing else matters." A cynical question - Can there be anyone who can be there for you whenever you need them? [And yes Daftbitch, I know your phone is turned on 24 hours and thanks for switching the volume louder when you sleep and thankfully, I didn't had the need to call you.] I'm just wondering because everyone will be gone or be dead one day, so how would this sentence hold water? In such a complex world, how can nothing else matters? C'mon and indulge me with an intellectual argument. I'm opening up the comments box so you won't need to sign in or to get it approved by me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try talking showers in the rain and make lemonade out of lemons...