Saturday, October 03, 2009

Forgiveness

One of the toughest choice in life is to forgive. The strength it requires is formidable. At times we may think that we have forgiven, some nagging discomfort will gripe on. The willingness to forgive usually gets lost in the abyss of thoughts and time. How can forgiveness be extended when the ability to trust has been taken away? To forgive, would one need to learn to trust all over again or is forgiveness an isolated superpower? One can only deduce that the strength to be able to forgive is beyond this world but would change lives.

"Forgiveness does not change the past; It enlarges the future."



Back from the commercial break...

Friday night cannot be more eventful. Trying to pack as much activities on a Friday evening as much as possible, dinner was relatively relaxing given the preoccupied mind could never quite take a rest. Moving on to my virgin prawning experience, the initial part was a torture. While chatting with Jaded Manhattan Lensbaby on Gtalk, I was sipping down some beer and feeding mosquitoes. Just when I thought I was going to die of boredom, much fun began as the troop fell in. Chats and laughter accompanied us throughout the night. With A&E Quack entertaining us with "think like a prawn...", in hope that he could catch some for himself. This is one rare occasion whereby I was highly satisfied with devouring just one prawn. We didn't prawn enough to feed the army but Bmer did his best. Together with the other foods that the rest smuggled in, we were feasting. The elation on Mahjong Nurse's face was unforgettable when she finally got her first catch of today.

For me, I got chided for playing games on my Blackberry. So I got off my butt to roast some marshmallows. Boy, were they heavenly. So for the rest of the night, I was found near the pit while trying to avoid getting my contact lenses melted but still firing away some lightly browned, absolutely piquant marshmallows. The thought of the crispy outer layer and molten sweets flowing onto the tongue is making me salivate. Unfortunately, the overdose of it left me slightly high on sugars now and the z monster isn't quite keen to pay me a visit just yet. Before we know it, fatigue started to sit it and it was clearly shown on all the faces. Even then, we ended the night like how a great night out with friends should be and for once, we were all sober. Now that I'm home, I'm actually looking forward to my nightcap.

No comments: