Friday, January 08, 2010

My Potato & Egg Salad



Years back, whenever there's a party over at KTM Yacht's place, there would be copious amount of food, drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and cigars. Now that everyone is apart and I've lost total contact with almost everyone in that group, apart from all the fun and laughter that still lingers at the back of my head, KTM Yacht's Mom's wicked potato salad lived on in my memories. So days ago, I decided to make some for myself. Afterall, it can be refrigerated and be eaten for the next few days. And since I'm home most of the time, having something delicious to munch on is always a good idea. Then again, the fact that it's extremely unhealthy makes it a love and hate relationship.

While I start with the intention to make potato salad, I ended up with Potato & Egg Salad since I added a little too many eggs into the equation. Frankly, I never work with recipes and I wasn't working on any. But when I added everything together, I knew I'm going to have an egg-ified potato salad. Fresh bacon bits could have made it yummier but it was a trial. Thankfully, it turned out alright. It's just potatoes, eggs, onions and bacon. How bad can it get? Well, the onions are alot more pungent than I'd like it to be and now my fridge smells like durians galore. No one's complaining so I guess that's a good sign.

No comments: