Sunday, August 15, 2010

Arren Quek - My Favourite Athlete for YOG



YOG isn't as celebrated as it should be. It is Olympics but somehow, the hype doesn't quite live up to the importance. I am, however, following very closely for one reason, one athlete. My favourite nephew, whom I'll always remember as the hyperactive kid with a natural hoarse voice, will be representing Singapore in swimming. I can't explain how proud I am of him but I know he's been training very hard, receiving very little support from the same body who would want them to do well, he's THE recipe for success. Being the perfectionist he is (the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree), he will not settle for second best. That said, we wouldn't want to put any stress on him because as it is, qualifying for the YOG is already incredibly impressive.

Join me to cheer for my favourite all Singaporean boy.

1 comment:

DarKScoRpioN said...

Congrats to Arren Quek for breaking the SEA Games record and for making Singapore proud. Read more about it here.


http://singaporetrends.com/sg/2011/11/arren-quek-breaks-sea-games-record/