Sunday, August 15, 2010

Food Prints

Many have asked what I actually look for in a partner. More often, the answer is simply "the ability to hold an intellectual conversation". Even with friends, going home after having a fulfilling conversation may actually surpass the satisfaction from food. In actual fact, to gauge and judge a person's brain power during a conversation is extremely unfair. The point is not having an "airy" conversation and going home feeling stupider than before. It is of great importance that people around you makes you feel better about yourself and yet you learn from them. Such expectations are quickly becoming harsh so we, as forgiving human beings, shelf these. During times when you come out of a casual dinner coupled with a great conversation, the feeling is euphoric. I am not going to attempt explaining further because if you are unable to understand where I'm coming from, then no amount of explanation is going to help you understand. Let me qualify that that doesn't make anyone lesser of a person but it's purely my personal trigger point.

There have been many of these people in my fairly short life and I must say, my life has been enriched and I'm rather fortunate. Personalities like these come and go and have left their footprints. To me, I'll just have to keep looking forward to a less disappointing and non-vanishing pair of feet. The hope of leaving prints of 4 and not merely a spectator to disappearing prints on a sandy beach is fast eluding me. Optimism is what keeps the heart pumping for now.

No comments: