Sunday, August 01, 2010

Waffles Woes

Sounds rather bimbotic but I'm on a mission to either hunt down the best tasting waffles in Singapore or to learn to make them. It seems rather simple but how often do you spot a waffle maker in somebody's home? This all began during training at Conrad weeks ago. Buffet was awesome and on the first day, I stuffed myself at the appetisers and mains that I was over the limit when it was dessert time. On the second day, I went straight into the waffles after I was about 30% filled. It was so warm, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. With just butter and maple syrup, I was whisked to heaven. It's a little crazy to be going for the buffet just to wolf down the waffles but desperation is getting to me. The insanity of a woman's craving.

Come Monday, everything at work will be the same. The only difference is not having our favourite intern around. Jonk who would be completing the rest of her internship in our Tokyo office, was off this morning after organising our last QBash. As usual, there was excessive amounts of alcohol and budget had to be closely adhered to before we bust it like we usually do.

The week was weird. Ran into some people whom you wouldn't want to see just because the week was too hectic and entertaining people isn't preferred at all. The same face that still brings that tear that occasionally roll down the cheek is still the same. The shoulders seemed much heavier but we all know it's a passage of life and part of growing up.

There's finally a glimpse of that light at the end of the tunnel. Although still pressured by the environment, given that the pace is never experienced before, the smile at the end of every struggle seemed to slowly sail me into the next struggle and the next day. I hope all these will pay off. I'm planning for a big present for myself but looking at the way things are going, I don't know if it will happen.

2 comments:

Jakarta said...

it sound great!

tricy16smiles said...

I really love your blog!!! I will definately be a regular follower!! Think you could check out mine? Im new at this, Im only a teenager so you probably wont be interested, but it would be great if you could give some suggestions!!!
Thanks so much =)